Site Player

Saturday, March 31, 2012

HIGHLIGHTED ARTIST: From Indian Lakes

This past Monday I awoke to find a few strange men sleeping on my Coops living room couch. Turns out they were a group of musicians from California. Their tour manager is long time friends with one of my roommates and they needed a place to crash for a few nights while playing some shows nearby.



This talented group of young men go by From Indian Lakes, hailing from Yosemite Valley, California. Their style could be described as alternative rock full of refreshingly distinctive lyrics and creative change ups.

Besides being incredibly talented and good looking these guys are well-rounded, friendly, and compassionate individuals and I think that is reflected in the music they produce. Take a listen and decide for yourself:



A big thank you to lead singer Joey Vannucchi who took a minute to answer some questions I had for the group:

Q: How did a group of friendly, good looking, talented young gentlemen such as yourselves get together?
A: thank you! I started tracking some demos in the mountains and i needed musicians for shows eventually when it turned into a band situation. I grew up with Justin and Rick and we all played in different bands together so it worked out well. Chris was in a band we did a tour with and when we needed someone he was an obvious choice. Kyle is from Nashville and he came on for this tour.

Q: I love the simplicity of your band name — how did you go about choosing it?
A: originally I had titled the project songs from Indian lakes, but that's much too long for a band name. It's where I was recording songs at the beginning.

Q: How would you describe your genre/style of your music?
A: we are a rock band at heart I think. Sometimes a very quiet one, sometimes louder. Organic as possible.

Q: As I know, you guys are in full-on tour mode: What is your favorite thing about touring?
A: I love playing live. It's my favorite thing to do. Playing to different people every night and having a different experience with each crowd.

Least favorite thing?
A: It can be very unhealthy. When you are taking what you can get and trying not to spend money your food choices can really catch up with you.
Q: What do you want fans to get out of your music?
A: something real and organic. I believe in music as art and I hope ours can stir some emotion in people.

Q: What do you get out of your music?
A: I think it is a way to stay sane for me. I tend to be slightly introverted and awkward. I need some way to get it all out just like anyone else I think.

1 comment:

  1. Wow .. Dear you article is really having good information .. i also want to share some information with you.
    Damdama Lake near Delhi and gurgaon is a nice place for having fun trip,
    day trip ,day picnic, day tour, family tour ,Corporate group tour and adventure tour .

    ReplyDelete