Site Player

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Album Releases

A double dose of electronic indie pop released today: woahhh.


Passion Pit//Gossamer


Personally, I am not the biggest fan of the bands follow up album. It just seems to me that the framework is missing. Lead singer Michael Angelakos' captivatingly personal lyrics are just hidden behind sub-par sounds and his efforts to continue playing off his high pitched voice. The album is about half and half for me. But hey, I definitely think it's worth a listen.

That being said here is one of the songs that I do like:

Purity Ring//Shrines


Okay, so I already knew half the album as it is previously released songs and I've already raved about the consistency of the hits produced by this band. I can honestly say that after listening to the rest of the album I am still just as impressed with Purity Ring's ability to produce a hit every time. My favorite new track off the album:

No comments:

Post a Comment